Principal, Education Practice Lead
Principal, Operations Director
Senior Associate, Interiors
MELISSA VON BORSTEL
Associate Director, Systems
Global Education Lead
Careers – Current Openings:
Revit Modeler & Drafter
Dull Olson Weekes – IBI Group Architects
Dull Olson Weekes – IBI Group Architects is a passionate team of architects and interior designers dedicated to the creation of inspirational learning environments. We are a relationship-based architectural firm focused on realizing our clients’ visions through a collaborative process. We believe the interactive development of design is as important as the end product. Truly sustainable and innovative design solutions are the culmination of this integrated approach. Based in Portland and Seattle, our Pacific Northwest Studio offers global education practice leadership to the IBI Group of firms, with multi-disciplinary services in nearly 70 offices around the world. This unique position creates opportunities to be a part of international thought leadership and signature K-12 and higher education projects, here and beyond. Our Portland office is searching for an Intern Architect to join its growing team.
IBI Group of firms provide multi-disciplinary services from nearly 70 offices around the world.
- We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
- From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
- Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
- At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation and revision of Architectural drawings in all phases of documentation
- Ability to follow instructions and redlines to modify drawings using company drafting standards (ie Record Set drawings)
- Coordinate with designers, PM’s and other personnel to incorporate concepts and information into drawing packages
- Coordinate filing, storage and retrieval of electronic drawings (knowledge of E-Builder a plus)
- Operate printers and plotters
- Operate laser cutter and 3D printer
- Operate virtual reality suite of equipment
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently with minimal oversight
- Must have strong technical competency and working knowledge of Revit standards, PC application software and drafting/engineering practices and methods
- Post-secondary and/or technical school education graduate is highly desired
- Photoshop and SketchUp experience a plus for this multi-faceted position
- Must have strong communication and teamwork skills
- This is a full-time position to start immediately. DOWA-IBI Group offers a competitive salary, generous benefits including medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid sick/vacation/holidays, training/professional development, and much more.
- DOWA-IBI Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.