Dull Olson Weekes – IBI Group Architects
907 SW Stark St, Portland, OR 97205, USA
Dull Olson Weekes – IBI Group Architects is a passionate team of architects and interior designers dedicated to the creation of inspirational learning environments. We are a relationship-based architectural firm focused on realizing our clients’ visions through a collaborative process. We believe the interactive development of design is as important as the end product. Truly sustainable and innovative design solutions are the culmination of this integrated approach.
Based in Portland and Seattle, our Pacific Northwest Studio offers global education practice leadership to the IBI Group of firms, with multi-disciplinary services in nearly 70 offices around the world. This unique position creates opportunities to be a part of international thought leadership and signature K-12 and higher education projects, here and beyond. Our Portland office is searching for an experienced Project Architect to join its growing team.
IBI Group of firms provide multi-disciplinary services from nearly 70 offices around the world.
- We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
- From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
- Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
- At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Develop designs from concept through design development to contract documents
- Incorporates applicable codes, construction techniques, and sequences in various projects
- Functions in the role of project leader with a focus on architectural design and technical aspects
- Produces design work according to established standards, methods, and quality procedures
- Coordinates the layout, design, drafting, and specifications produced by other staff members who are part of the project team
- Assists in developing project staff-hours and planning schedule for phases of the project
- Supervises and performs site observations
- Manages and develops assigned team members
- May participate in marketing and business development efforts
- Ideal candidates must be a team player who is well organized, detail oriented, focused, design driven, accurate and able to meet deadlines under pressure
- University Degree – Bachelor/Masters of Architecture
- 5 years’ experience in an Architectural Design firm
- Strong technical knowledge of building construction and thorough understanding of construction documents
- Proven project and team leadership in visioning, design, synthesis, and delivery roles
- Ability to understand and develop architectural ideas, independently and collaboratively
- Comfortable communicating with clients/consultants
- Strong technical competency, proficient in Revit and SketchUp
- Must have strong communication and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of Educational Architecture, specifically K-12, preferred
- This is a full-time position to start immediately. DOWA-IBI Group offers a competitive salary, generous benefits including medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid sick/vacation/holidays, training/professional development, and much more.
- DOWA-IBI Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Want to join the team?
To apply, send an email with your cover letter and resume to principals Jonathan Steel (jonathan.steel@IBIGroup.com) and Rebecca Grant (rebecca.grant@IBIGroup.com). Include the position title in your subject heading.